Top 10 Things To Do
1) Visit a traditional French market
Visit the French market in Sarlat in the medieval quarter on either a Saturday or Wednesday morning. To learn more about Sarlat and the market watch this: Video of Sarlat (click here)
3) Explore the history of the area.
See the Trogloditique caves in the rocks at La Roque Gageac. La Roque Gageac (click here)
4) Try the local wine
Visit the award winning Florimont-Gaumier vinyard: Vin de Domme Read more: Aquarium (click here)
5) Take a trip down the Dordogne River
Do half a days canoeing or kayaking from Cenac down the Dordogne river.
6) Indulge yourself with local delicacies
Try the local Fois Gras both cooked and as a smooth pate.
7) Go back in time to an age of battles and medieval chateaux
Visit some of the most famous chateaux in France. Such as…
– Château de Castelnaud
– Château de Hautefort
9) Visit Le Gouffre de Proumeyssac
A tunnel provides easy access to this huge underground vault, whose walls are adorned with countless crystallizations of exceptional density. For more: Crystal Cavern (click here)
10) Dine in the Medieval Quarter of Sarlat
This is an unforgetable experience with many local delicacies to choose from (Duck, Goose, Pate de fois gras).